go back home...
7 Reasons Why I Won't Follow You Back
I recently read Elaine Fogel’s article detailing the reasons why she will not “follow” you back on Twitter. This gave me the idea to write about the reasons why I may not follow you back on Twitter. Some may build off of Elaine’s article, yet they are still the reasons why I would not follow you.
- You are a bot. You followed me after I tweeted something that has nothing to do with me. Newsflash, I was just having a conversation with my friends. I hate Twitter bots.
- We share no commonalities. If you follow me and post information about politics (just an example), I will not follow you back. This is due to the mere fact that politics are not my top priority and I’d rather not be spammed.
- You have no personal information. Are you a real person? What do you like to do? What are you involved in? Are you spying on me? You have not given me anything that will help me to realize you are “real,” or I “know” you.
- I don’t live near you. I recently went to Las Vegas and tweeted something with the hashtag “#vegasRules.” Low and behold, I am being followed by a business in Las Vegas. When will I ever need to know information about Sin City or it’s businesses? I don’t live there and I won’t be back soon.
- You claim to be a social media guru/rock star (straight from the other article). You have less than 100 followers and are a self-proclaimed social media guru. I don’t even think I need to explain this one.
- You tweet about everything you do all the time. I don’t want to know that you are brushing your teeth. I don’t want to know what you’re doing right now with friends you’re sitting next too. This by far is my biggest pet peeve. I hate when people do this, yet I follow them anyway, but only if I know them personally.
- You post only quotes. I hate opening up my Twitter and seeing my entire feed of messages are from one person and are just quotes. I’m just trying to get information or converse with my pals. Instant un-follow.
Does anyone else have anymore reasons why they wouldn’t follow someone?